Skip to main content

Ninety degrees and Saturday -- no excuses!

{click post title to view all photos}



It's the weekend, and it's stinking hot out, but I felt the pressure and I couldn't let the day slip by without making some sort of progress at the house. My family had plans for their day and clearly the MNH crew was off duty over the weekend, but thankfully a friend and neighbor was willing to come and help me out. Together, we were able to haul all of the old cabinets and other piles of stuff out to the shed. It only took about twenty minutes and, though I was literally dripping with sweat after, it felt so good to get that done! So good to have friends who aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves... even on a Saturday.




After the grunt work was done I swept the floors and wiped down all the trim, removing the layers of dust, to prepare the trim for primer. I intended to prime all of the base boards but only got the front door done. My little brother showed up when I was about done and pulled nails out of the trim and spackled holes in the walls. So glad he was willing to take an hour out of his day to help me. Three more days til deadline. The MNH crew will be back at it tomorrow. I can't wait to move into this little place!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

terminé

{click post title to view photos} Yes, the {first} Little House is finished -- well, as much as a remodel is ever "finished", that is. But this is hardly the last you will see of it. Come on in and take a look! A "catch all" for keys and such Every library needs a kiddo corner :) Chloe's coffee bar A post on all the kitchen details is coming soon! Curious about the living room details? Post coming soon to answer your questions! The spare room is still spare... ... either an extravagant closet, a decent office or a tiny bedroom! A post on where all the little bedroom details are from is coming soon! A break-down of the bathroom transformation is coming soon!

It's been several weeks...

{click post title to view all photos} Weeks have passed and here we are... still need to prime the trim in the main level in almost every room, then paint it, then paint the walls, then clean from top to bottom and finally get all set up and settled in. I have just been overwhelmed by coming into my house and seeing what is left to be done. I am so. close. to. finishing. but I am so *over* picking away at the project. It's not that it isn't fun to get it finished the way I want and its not that I think I can just stop working on it and it will get finished on its own (though I have greatly desired that to be the case) but I am just being real... after months of slow remodeling you reach a point where you are just, done. Happy day though! While I was away in Colorado on a trip my kitchen cabinets were installed by the MyNextHome crew. That is incredibly exciting and encouraging. Isn't it lovely?! Ah! I just love it. I still need to find a co

Upper-level Tour //

{click post title to view all photos} my favorite part of my little house is the little staircase and the built-in cabinets the big bedroom a built-in dresser that is in bad shape can't wait until I can afford to remodel the bathroom the little bedroom the inside of the closet is teal. I can't imagine why. /// /// /// Now, for your viewing pleasure, my little brother photo-bombing my before's.